These Almonds, inspired by the fantastic almonds served at the bar at Union Square Cafe, are unique and irresistible. They're a great party snack to offer guests along with your delicious cocktails.
Photo Contribution by: The Coastal Table
Smoked Chili Roasted Almonds
This recipe makes about 2 cups.
- 5 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 2 tsp Hella Smoked Chili Bitters
- 1 tsp aromatic bitters
- 1.5 cups raw almonds
- 1 tbl butter
- Preheat oven to 350.
- When oven is hot add almonds on a backing sheet - set timer for 10 minutes.
- While almonds are baking combine sugar, salt, cayenne and mix well. Add bitters mix until combined.
- Melt butter and add to bitters mixture. Mix until well combined.
- When almonds are roasted, remove from oven and promptly add to the mixture. Mix well with spatula.
- Gently pour coated almonds on to baking sheet, and return to oven for six minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool, break them up with your hands and serve.
These will keep in a tight container for several weeks.