Smoked Chili Wings
We're always looking for an awesome wing recipe. These wings have a ton of flavor and are the perfect balance of sweet, savory and spicy. Although we tested them in the oven, you could easily grill these wings as well*.
Smoked Chili Wings Recipe By Foodietails.com
Prepping time: 60 / Cook time: 35-45 / Total time: 1 hour 30 / Servings: 12 wings
For this batch, we used 12 [air chilled] wings pieces.
For the marinade:
- 1 Tbsp Smoked Chili Bitters
- 1 Tbsp real maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp Sriracha
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Orange Juice
- 1 Garlic Clove (minced)
- 2 tsp dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp kosher salt, plus 1/4 tsp more to toss wings before serving
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp chili flakes
- Reserve half the marinade to sauce the wings after they've been cooked. Use the other half to marinate the wings for a minimum of 30 minutes or up to 12 hours in the fridge.
- Before cooking preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place wings onto a baking dish - you can line with foil to make clean up easier.
- Roast for 35-40 minutes until dark golden brown.
- When they're cooked return to clean bowl, add reserved marinade, 1/4 tsp kosher salt and toss until well-coated.
*If you want to grill these wings, get the grill nice and hot before tossing the wings on. You'll want to turn them occasionally to avoid them from burning. They should take about 25 minutes.