Before we get started add a few dashes of HB to your mimosa. Straightforward recipe taken up a notch with bitters (duh), fresh blueberries and some lemon zest. They’re light and super delicious.
Blueberry Buttermilk Pancakes With Ginger Lemon Bitters
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Zest
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 4 Teaspoons Ginger-Lemon Bitters
- 3 Tablespoons Granulated Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 3 Cups Buttermilk
4 Tablespoons Melted Butter [Unsalted]
- Whisk together the dry ingredients and lemon zest. In a separate bowl, whisk together the bitters and wet ingredients. Bring both wet and dry ingredients together until just combined. Some small lumps are okay.
- Heat griddle or pan to a medium. It’s okay to cook them slowly. We don’t want burnt pancakes. Think light and fluffy. Grease your cooking surface and ladle in the pancake batter, as evenly as possible. Once you see tiny bubbles, add fresh blueberries. As many or as little as you’d like.
- At this point, you’re ready to flip.
- Let us not forget about the syrup! Before you make your batter, add 8 ounces of real maple syrup to a saucepan with 1/2 cup of blueberries, 10 dashes of Ginger-Lemon Bitters, the juice of half a lemon and a pat of butter. Bring to a light simmer, careful not to boil and crystalize. Give the blueberries a mash and keep the syrup warm while cooking pancakes.