Grilled Onion Dip
This time of the year game day can be a daily ritual and it doesn't matter who you're cheering for with this Grilled Onion Dip by your side. Always looking for unique twists on the classics, we teamed up with the experts at The Coastal Table to bring you this recipe, featuring charred onions and Hella Aromatic Bitters. Go ahead, make this dip a secret weapon in your hosting playbook.
Grilled Onion Dip Recipe & Photo Contribution by: The Coastal Table
Prepping time: 10 mins / Cook time: 15 / Total time: 25 mins / Servings: 4-6 ppl
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1-inch slices
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1-2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons Hella Aromatic Bitters
- Heat grill to medium heat. Brush both sides of onion with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place onions on grill and cook until charred, about 5 minutes.
- Turn onions and cook on other side, another 5 minutes. Remove from grill and allow to cool.
- Once cooled, place onions in a food processor and pulse until almost smooth (you want a bit of texture but no big chunks of onions).
- Transfer to a medium bowl and add mayonnaise, sour cream, 1 tablespoon vinegar, and bitters. Season with salt and pepper.
- Taste for flavor and adjust as desired. Cover with plastic wrap and chill until ready to serve.