We’re always looking for an awesome rib recipe. Lucky for us, our friends from Mas Appetit rose to the occasion with this fantastic, versatile spice rub – it’s aromatic, complex, and uniquely flavorful. But don’t stop at pork, this rub is delicious on whatever meaty delight you fancy.
Coffee Spice Rubbed Spareribs Recipe By Mas Appetit
Coffee Spice Rub
In a medium bowl combine finely ground coffee, ancho chile powder, dark brown sugar, smoked Spanish paprika, dried oregano, ground coriander, fresh ground black pepper, mustard powder, red pepper flakes, ground ginger, Kosher salt, fennel, garlic powder, cocoa powder, ground cardamom, and cinnamon. Set aside until ready for use.
- Drizzle the ribs all over with olive oil.
- Apply a generous amount of the spice rub to both sides, along with a few dash each of the bitters and sherry vinegar.
- Cover over and refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to cook, let ribs stand for 30 minutes prior to going in the oven.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Move ribs to a lined baking pan fitted with a rack.
- Pour 1/2 cup of water in the bottom of the baking pan, and then cover the ribs over tightly with tin foil.
- Place pan carefully in the oven and cook for 90 minutes, until the ribs are fork tender.
- Once cooked to the desired tenderness, set oven to high broil, uncover and cook ribs an additional 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Move to a serving plate and dress with BBQ sauce.