This version of the classic Manhattan has a bit more depth and richness due to the substitution of Averna Amaro for the standard sweet vermouth. Try upping the complexity further with a brandied cherry.
- 2 oz Rye (we love Knob Creek)
- 1 oz Averna Amaro
- 1 dash Hella Aromatic Bitters
- 1 dash Hella Orange Bitters
- Brandied cherry, for garnish
- Fill a mixing glass with ice and add Rye, Amaro and Bitters.
- Stir for 10 seconds or until ice-cold.
- Strain into a chilled martini glass and garnish with a single cherry.