Dark and Stormy
A warm weather cocktail we can really get behind, a good Dark and Stormy is the epitome of thirst quenching. It's sweet and spicy from the ginger beer, tart from the lime, and with a nice kick from the rum and bitters. Named a Dark and Stormy because when you add the rum on top of the ginger beer, it will float, creating a dark layer (the rum) and a stormy layer (the ginger beer).AuthorHella Cocktail Co.
- 2 oz Dark Rum (we love the classic Goslings)
- 2 oz Hella Moscow Mule Mix
- 3 dashes Hella Ginger Bitters
- Club soda
- Lime wedge, for garnish
- In a shaker, combine rum and Hella Moscow Mule Mix with ice and shake vigorously for 5 seconds.
- In an ice-filled highball glass, add club soda to just over the halfway mark.
- Gently strain your shaken cocktail over the ice and club soda.
- Serve to your guests with a straw and tell them to stir the drink before enjoying.