A foundational American cocktail, the name of which is not easily traced to the populous island where it is often enjoyed. This elegant drink requires a gentle touch and the Italian vermouth must not be overlooked. A 2:1 ratio is widely accepted as the standard. This cocktail can be made with bourbon or rye whiskey. We prefer rye because it results in a drier Manhattan with a subtle spice.
- 2 oz Rye Whiskey
- 1 oz Sweet Vermouth
- 3 dashes Hella Aromatic Bitters
- 1 dash Hella Orange Bitters
- 1 Luxardo maraschino cherry, for garnish
- Add ingredients to a mixing glass with ice and stir gently for 10 seconds.
- Strain into a chilled coupe and add a cherry (if you don't eat it first).