by Hella Cocktail Co. on
Often named "Father of the Martini," this historic recipe is nuanced and well balanced. It emerged in print sometime in the 1860s! The Martinez is rich and aromatic enough for a cold weather night yet floral enough for a hot summer day. It’s a great cocktail for someone that wants something a bit darker in flavor and richness but without brown spirits.AuthorHella Cocktail Co.
- 1 ½ oz Old Tom gin
- 1 ½ oz sweet vermouth
- Barspoon Maraschino liqueur
- 3 Dashes of Hella Aromatic Bitters
- Orange peel, for garnish
- Fill a mixing glass with ice and add all of your liquid ingredients.
- Stir gently until the outside of the mixing glass is nicely frosted.
- Strain into a coupe and garnish with an expressed orange peel.
- Pro Tip: Keep a stash of coupes in your freezer for extra chilly cocktails.