Swizzle Me This, Batman
240 undefined minutes
2 undefined minutes
Don’t be fooled by the playful name: this is one serious cocktail. This Caribbean classic is meant to cool you down even on the hottest days of summer. Traditionally with rum, fresh lime juice, superfine sugar, soda and bitters, this cocktail is aromatic, dry and refreshing. Our variation, with scotch and pineapple syrup, is a recipe you’ll want to impress with many times over.
- 2 oz blended scotch
- ¾ pineapple syrup*
- ¾ lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 3 sprays (or 1 dash) pineapple-infused Drambuie**
- 3-4 dashes Hella Aromatic bitters
- Pineapple leaf, for garnish
- In a highball glass, add pineapple syrup and lime juice.
- Add enough crushed ice to fill three-quarters of the glass.
- Add scotch, Drambuie, and 3-4 dashes Hella Aromatic Bitters.
- Top ingredients and ice with club soda.
- Stir the cocktail well, preferably with a swizzle stick.
- Garnish with a pineapple leaf, pointy side up.
- Making this syrup is easy but it takes a couple hours. Start with pure pineapple juice and nothing from concentrate.
- Measure out a quantity of sugar equal to half the pineapple juice you're going to use and reserve.
- In a heavy bottomed sauce pan, bring pineapple juice to a simmer.
- Using a wooden spoon, skim the foam that rises from the surface of the juice.
- When reduced by half, stir in sugar until dissolved and turn off heat. Let cool for at least an hour or overnight.
- Fill a glass jar with slices of ripe pineapple and top with approximately 10 oz of Drambuie.
- Cover and let sit for several hours or overnight. Strain liquid through a fine mesh.
- You can add by the dash or get fancy and use an atomizer to spritz the inside of the glass.